Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To Create a World

Recently I have had some ideas floating around about a new world, with its own history, geography, people, religion etc. To help develop this idea I will occasionally post here discussing different aspects of this world as I develop it.

As far as the overall view of the world I see it as an alternate history of earth where magic more or less takes the place of technology. The history of this world is defined by ages, which they them selves are defined by specific events. As I see it, the current age, or the Age of Kings is coming to a close. This age was preceded by a Dark Age where all accounts of the previous age were lost to legend and history during this time was not recorded.

I don't have a lot defined yet... Not even a name... Hopefully in the coming weeks I will have a chance to flesh the world out a bit more. If I have enough, I may even change my NaNoWriMo attempt to a story set here instead of my original idea of telling about Tas' past.

No comments: